IMPLANT DENTIST IN MANALAPAN, NJ
Dental Implant Restoration Dentist in Manalapan NJ
Implant dentist in Manalapan, NJ- Dr. Len Ciuffreda has been recognized as an “America’s Best Dentist” and “Monmouth Health & Life Top Dentist” for Implant Dentistry.
Restoration with dental implants is perhaps one of the most predictable and satisfying treatment alternatives available for patients today! Implant restorations may be used to for single or multiple teeth, or even the complete dentition. Options may consist of restorations that are cemented and/or screw-retained (fixed) or can be taken in and out of the mouth retained with various types of attachments (removable) . Providing coordinated treatment together with a dental surgical specialist and best implant dentist Manalapan NJ , Dr. Ciuffreda is able to replace non-restorable or missing teeth with state-of-the-art implant technology that has an outstanding long-term success rate.
There are numerous benefits to our dental implants in Manalapan, NJ-
- Restoration of dental implants isroutinely an extremely comfortable stage of treatment, almost never requiring dental anesthesia (i.e. “novocaine”).
- In comparison to the significant reduction of tooth structure that would need to be removed from adjacent teeth for a bridge, neighboring teeth do not require any drilling or preparation for an implant restoration.
- The surgical component of the implant contributes to the preservation of bone in the area by acting as an “artificial root”. Bone in the jaw will otherwise be lost over time without forces acting on it (through a tooth or an implant). Such loss of bone can become a cosmetic or functional concern.
- Implant components consist of all non-organic components, such as titanium and porcelain. This of course means that implants are not subject to decay (getting a cavity).
- Implants have an outstanding long-term success rate, with some studies reporting as high as 98%.
- Implants more closely duplicate our natural biology of having individual teeth supported by a root-type structure, as compared with a bridge where two or more teeth are joined together with a connected tooth or teeth in the middle.
The typical procedure for single tooth dental implant restoration:
Following the extraction of the non-restorable tooth – with either local anesthesia (“nocovaine”) or under IV conscious sedation – a titanium implant (“artificial root”) will be gently and comfortably placed into the upper or lower jaw by a dental surgical specialist. Generally within 3-4 months the implant will have successfully integrated with the bone and is now ready for Dr. Ciuffreda to begin restoration.
The restoration phase is almost always extremely comfortable, almost never even requires a numbing injection, nor is any drilling necessary! At the initial restorative visit , Dr. Ciuffreda will gently remove a cover screw, take some impressions, and replace the cover screw. At the final appointment, the cover screw is again comfortably removed, the implant abutment (or “post”) is placed, and a dental x-ray is taken to be sure it is positioned perfectly. The abutment (‘post”) and crown are then placed. While the abutment is always screw retained, the implant crown may either be cemented to the abutment or fabricated in conjunction with the abutment to be entirely screw retained.
Dr. Ciuffreda is highly experienced in dental implant restoration, encompassing single tooth cases to complete upper and lower full mouth implant restorations / reconstructions.
Call today for a consultation to see if dental implants may be right for you!
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT NOW!
Enter Your Name, Email & Phone # To Set Up An Appointment Now.