Implant Restoration Dentists in NJ
Implant restoration is one of the most exciting and rewarding treatment options available. Implants may be used to restore a single tooth, several teeth, or even the entire mouth. Treatment plans can include fixed or removable alternatives.
Restoration of a single missing tooth: Implant vs. 3 unit bridge
Although there are times when a traditional bridge may be the ideal treatment plan, in most cases implant restoration is the treatment of choice for missing teeth and offers several significant advantages:
- Implants do not require preparation – that is, grinding down – of adjacent teeth.
- The implant acts as an “artificial root” that preserves bone. Without forces acting
upon it, bone in the jaws tends to resorb, or deteriorate. Resorption of bone can
sometimes lead to cosmetic and /or restorative problems.
- Because an implant consists of components made of titanium, gold, and porcelain,
there is no organic component that is susceptible to decay. In other words – it is
impossible to get a cavity on an implant!
- Long term success rates of implants ar up to 98%.
- Single tooth implants are more “BIOMIMETIC” than a bridge. The natyural state of
your mouth is to have individual teeth – not ones linked together. Implants achieve
the closest duplication of your natural biology in this way.
Latest posts by Len Ciuffreda (see all)
- Dr Len Ciuffreda, NJ Top Dentist By Monmouth Health & Life - December 2, 2016
- Dr. Ciuffreda celebrates 20 years of dentistry - June 5, 2015
- Proud to Serve the Freehold, NJ Area - November 10, 2014